Smt. Manjushree Nawale, Department In-charge (Librarian)
|Sr. No.||Name of the Staff||Qualification||Post|
|1||Smt. Manjushree K. Nawale||B.Sc. Chem., M. Lib. & I Sc, SET, NET, LLB.||Librarian|
|2||Smt. Minal A. Kotwal||B.Sc. Chem., M. Lib. & I Sc.||Jr. Lib. Assistant|
|3||Smt. Arati P. Atre||M.A. M. Lib. & I Sc||Jr. Library Clerk|
|4||Smt. Komal K. Walhekar||B. Com., M. Lib. & I Sc||Jr. Library Clerk|
|5||Smt. Sushila P. Fale||B.A.||Peon|
|1||Dr. Jagdish Pol||Director||Chairperson|
|2||Smt. Ranjana Gogate||Assistant Professor||In-charge|
|3||Dr. Sonali Parchure||Associate Professor||Member|
|4||Dr.Jyoti Gaikwad||Associate Professor||Member|
|5||Smt. Pranita Sonar||Assistant Professor||Member|
|6||Smt. Manjushree Nawale||Librarian||Secretary|
|7||Swarda Karve||President, Student Council||Student Representative|
|8||Sheetal Singh||Vice-President, Student Council||Student Representative|
- Library is automated with the Library Software known as “LIBRARY EASY” version: 1.0.65. All the modules are in function.
- Use of Barcode Technology for transactions.
- Use of biometry technique for maintaining the record of the students
- OPAC system: – OPAC system i.e. Online Public Access Catalogue is functioning effectively and is in use. It needs minimum data to be entered for users. So this is a user friendly system as users will not have to search manually whether a particular book is available or not. With network facilities, the bibliographic details of all library documents can be accessed through WEB OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) throughout the institute.
- Reports Generation: – Various reports can be generated from the system to fulfill the daily requirement of the management and maintain the system backup.
Following reports are generated in the software
- Accession registers report
- Member register report
- Pending list report of members
- Daily issuing and returns report
- History of a particular book (that how many times a book is issued out)
- History of a particular member (that how many books a user has issued)
- Report for total amount of collection (deposit / fee / fine) can be calculated.
HNIMR Library Collection development offers students a whole reading gamut of their choice, helping them acquire knowledge on wide range of topics and preparing them for tough competitive market.
|Sr. No.||Type of Document||Total|
|2||Magazine & Journals|
|1||Data Bases Subscribed||J-gate|
|2||e – books||12834|
Databases subscribed by the Institute
Free E-resources links
All working days of the Institute
- Home Lending – Monday to Friday (8.30 a.m to 6.30 p.m) and 2nd and 4th Saturday (8.30 a.m to 2.00 p.m)
- Reading Hall – Monday to Friday (8.00 a.m to 8.00 p.m) and 2nd and 4th Saturday (8.00 a.m to 2.00 p.m)
Timings extended and all Saturdays kept open before examination and during examinations.
- Reading hall with proper ventilation, good seating arrangement and conducive environment
- Open access System
- Use of Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme for the systematic arrangement of the Books
- Digital Library Access
- Internet and Wi-fi Facility
- Proper Signage System for easy user access
- Proper designed Architecture to facilitate use of resources
- Scanning and Multimedia facility.
- E-mail and SMS Reminders to students.
- Book Bank
- Library Induction Programme.
- Identity Card for Barcoded transactions.
- Computerized transactions of Library documents.
- Online Database search.
- Newspaper Clippings.
- Reference Service.
- Referral Service.
- Extended Library Services to Research Scholars
HNIMR Library Rules
- A computerized I-card will be issued to each student.
- The issue will be for a period of 7 days.
- Without I-Card students are not allowed to enter in the library.
- Each student will get the books issued only against her I-Card. Readers should in their own interest present themselves personally for borrowing and returning books from and to the library.
- Students are not allowed to sub-lend books belonging to the library, to any other person.
- Each student will get five books + two Journals/ Magazines + one CD (total eight) at a time. Current issue of the Journal/Magazine will not be issued out of the Library. Additional reading material for any special reason may be issued on written permission of the Director or Librarian.
- Project Reports and Theses are only for reference and will not be issued out of the Library.
- A student can get the books reissued for the next 7 days only if there is no demand against the same. Journals, Magazines and CD will not be reissued.
- All books should be returned on or before the last date stamped on the due date slip of the concerned books.
- All books must be returned in time otherwise an overdue charge of Rs.5.00 per book per day will be charged. Sundays and holidays will also be considered as late days for calculation of fine. Students should sign in the fine register after paying overdue charges.
- Students will not be allowed to take reference books at home. These can be issued for reference in reading hall against the I- Card. Reference book should be returned on the same day on which it is issued, otherwise fine of Rs.10 per book per day will be charged.
- Before getting a book issued, the borrower should check the condition of the book and satisfy herself as to whether the book lent to her is in proper condition. If the book is found damaged/defective in any respect or the pages are torn or missing, she must inform the librarian immediately. Should the books be found damaged while receiving back, the borrower returning it will be held responsible for its replacement at her cost.
In case of damage or loss of a book or Journal, the member shall be required to replace the book or pay the cost of replacement as well as library dues. Replacement cost will mean the latest price & latest edition of the book. In case the book is out of print, the member shall be required to pay five times the cost.
- Every user before leaving the library should strictly show all the documents on the transaction counter that he/she is carrying.
- The books should be handled with care and placed in proper order.
- Each user should ensure proper use of Digital Library with respect to content and resources. Also handle digital Library equipment with care. Refer the instructions of Digital Library displayed in the Digital Library section.
- Complete silence and discipline should be observed in the Library and Reading Room.
- Use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited in the Library and Reading room.
- Eating is strictly prohibited in the Library and Reading Room. After using the reading room, please keep the chairs in proper order and switch off the lights and fans after use.
- Students have to keep their bags and personal material in the space provided for the same at the entrance of the library at their own risk. Students are advised not to keep their valuable things inside the bag. Library staff will not be responsible for the loss or damage of students belongings.
- If the I-card is lost, a new I-card can be issued by paying a fine of Rs.100/- in the accounts department and submitting the receipt of the same to the Librarian.
- Every reader must sign visitor register on entering and leaving the library and enter required details.
- All the passing out students have to fill up a “no dues form” and get the clearance certification from the Librarian for deposit refund.
- Library Rules may be amended or altered as & when necessary.
Borrowing Facilities to Users
|Sr. No.||Category||Issue Limit||Days|
|2||Teaching & Non-teaching Staff||15||180|
|5||Teaching and Non-teaching staff of sister institutes of MKSSS||3||30|
Library has Institutional Memberships with the following reputed Libraries :
- Jayakar Knowledge Resource Centre (Formely Jayakar Library): Savitribai Phule Pune University, Ganeshkhind, Pune-411007.
- British Council Library : 301, Ramsukh House, 3rd Floor, Ganeshkhind Road, Near Sancheti hospital, Shivajinagar, Pune-411005
- Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics- Dhananjayrao Gadgil Library: BMCC Road, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune-411004.
BHARATIYA VIGYAN SAMMELAN May 2017
At the 5th Bharatiya Vigyan Sammelan HNIMR Library in Collaboration with Fergusson College, B J Wadia Library organized Special Session on Library and Information Science (Panel Discussion) on 13th May 2017. Topic of Panel discussion: Libraries Today and Tomorrow – Trends and Issues in Library Science
Venue: Fergusson College Amphitheatre, Pune.
Panelists of the Panel Discussion
- Rajendra Kumbhar (Chairman for the Session)
Professor, Department of Library and Information Science, SPPU.
- Nandkumar Dahibhate
Principal Technical Officer (ret.) NCL, Pune.
- Kishor Ingale
Asst. General Manager and Branch Head Information Center, TCS, Pune.
- Manoj K Kulkarni
Sr.Librarian, YASHADA, Pune.
- Nagnath Ramdasi
Chief Librarian, CDAC, Pune.
Annual Awards of the Institute
- Best Library User Award (2017-18)
- Library Cell – Best Committee of the Institute (2017-18)
- Best Library User Award (2016-17)
- Library – Best Department of the Institute (2016-17)
- Best Library User Award (2015-16)
- Innovative Activity in the Institute : Book Shelf Conducted By Library (2015-16)
- Innovative Event in the Institute : Mindsmeet Conducted By HNIMR Library (2015-16)