Prof. Ganesh Lotke, Department In-charge
The Institute offers Operations Management specialization for part II students. This specialization empowers each Operations student with sharp engineering and scientific capabilities along with smart business management disciplines. The Operations curriculum deals with various topics such as Supply Chain Management, Production Planning and Control, Inventory Management, Six Sigma,Toyota Production System and Total Quality Management. During innovative lecture series, the institute invites Operations experts from corporate world to share their real life industry experience and views about Operations Management with students. The Operations area at HNIMR focuses on process excellence from both intra-organizational and inter-organizational points of view.
Efficient Operations Management brings value to organizations in terms of providing value to customers through better product and process design, quality assurance during manufacturing process and overall optimal resource utilization. It helps the organization to compete with Quality, Time, Product Variety and Volume variety. At HNIMR, we create Operation Managers who are proficient at improving an organization’s operational performance by minimizing ‘defects’ in the manufacturing and service-related processes.
- To empower Operations student with sharp management and scientific capabilities along with smart business management disciplines.
- To create Operation Managers who are proficient at improving an organization’s operational performance by improving productivity.
A women institute developing knowledge related to designing and managing Operations and Supply Chain and the techniques in the corporate world.
- Organized State level workshop on “Lean Management: An Operational efficiency tool” for the delegates and students on 16th Feb 2017.
- Corporate interface session on “Introduction to Operations Management and it’s scope for MBA freshers” for the MBA Jr during MBA Pilot Study Programme on 30th July 2015 by corporates Mr. Satish Prabhune , Miss Shreea Banerjee and Mr. Surendra Desai
- “Project Management session” by Miss Shreea Banerjee- Analyst Amdocs for Operations students
- Industrial visit for MBA Operations students at Dynamics Logistics Ltd. Vishrantwadi Pune, on 9th March 2017.
- “Supply Chain Management session” for the MBA Sr. Students by Supply Chain expert and consultant Mr. Vinayak Dravid on 16th October 2015.
- “Productivity Management session” for the Operations Management Students by Mr. Soni S.C. on 28th August 2015.
- Glossary Test (MBA Operations).
- Developed a list of 75 titles for SIP for MBA Jrs.
- Counseling of the students for selection of titles for SIPs and Dissertation.
- Pre-Placement Mentoring of MBA Operations students.