Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha, (MKSSS), Pune is a 122-year-old parent body committed to “Empowerment of women through education”. MKSSS, Pune was established in 1896 by the great visionary and social worker Bharat Ratna Maharshi Dhondo Keshav Karve to provide shelter to destitute women. MKSSS spread over in 62 educational and other units including institutions imparting professional education. These units are located in Pune, Nagpur, Wai, Satara, Ratnagiri, Kamshet etc.
Hiraben Nanavati Institute of Management and Research for Women (HNIMR) is an all-women management institute, established in 1996; affiliated to University of Pune and recognized by AICTE & DTE. It was also accredited by National Board of Accreditation for the period 2008-2011. The reaccreditation is in process. It is committed to quality management education to enable women to occupy authority positions in different areas of work. It strongly believes that when women become decision makers, it will have a positive impact on contribution of women towards economic and social development.
Research is an attempt to know new things, facts and information in a scientific manner. Its main purpose is to diffuse knowledge and establish theories based on the believable facts. Social Research is a systematic method of exploring, analyzing and conceptualizing social life in order to “extend, correct or verify knowledge, whether that knowledge aids in the construction of a theory or in the practice or an art.” (Pauline V. Young) Social research studies are of great help to the society. The research studies the trends of the past and predicts the future for the businesses which in turn helps the society. The businesses can thus, design their strategies accordingly. There is never an end to the social science research. It helps in diverse subject areas of business to achieve their motives. Hence, the growth and development of a business are impossible without social science research.
- To identify the areas of social research in business management
- To identify the opportunities & challenges and to get acquainted to the tools and techniques in social research
Registration Fees: Rs. 200/- per participant
- Payment can be done in the form of Cash or Demand Draft. D.D. should be drawn in favour of Smt. Hiraben Nanavati Institute of Management & Research for Women, payable at Pune.
- Fees include course material, lunch and tea. No T.A. / D.A. will be paid to participants. No accommodation will be provided by the Institute.
- Duly filled registration forms should be sent by courier or post. The applicant may also send a scanned copy of the Registration Form and D.D. copy through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jagdish N. Pol – Director, HNIMR
Dr. Sonali Parchure – 9423032159
Dr. Kamlakar Munde – 9158218999
- Dr. Jagdish Pol – Director, HNIMR
- Prof. N. D. Patil – Vice-Chairman, MKSSS and Chairman, CDC, HNIMR
- Sharon Barhardt, Ph.D. (Harvard), Director, Centre for Experimental Social Sciences, Nuffield College, Oxford & Flame University
Pavan Mamidi, Ph.D. (Oxford), co-Director, Centre for Experimental Social Sciences, Nuffield College, Oxford & Flame University