1. Name of Cell: Sports Cell
Mission of the Sports Cell is to encourage students to participate in different sports competitions.
3. Objectives of the cell are as follows:
- To help students to improve their physical fitness and mental strength.
- To develop sportsman spirit.
- To inculcate achievers’ attitude through competitive spirit.
- To give them practical exposure application of management concepts such as planning, coordinating, control, direction, motivation etc.
Students had participate in various games in the following sports tournaments during the academic year 2014:
- Intercollegiate sports tournament of University of Pune
- Intra collegiate sports tournament – HNIMR
- MKSSS’s intercollegiate sports tournament “Damini”
- ISBM’s intercollegiate sports tournament “Runbhoomi”
- PUMBA’s intercollegiate sports tournament “Dhruv”
- HNIMR’s intercollegiate sports tournament “Ground Zero”
Following are the major achievements:
- Ms Ujjawala Matale won the ‘Best Player’ trophy in “Damini” sports tournament.
- Ms Aarti Naik won the Gold Medal in ‘Power Point Presentation’ in “Damini” sports tournament.
- Ms Nikita Joshi won the Winner Trophy in ‘Table Tennis’ in “Dhruv” sports tournament.
- Ms Nikita Joshi and Snehal Funde won the Runner-up Trophy in ‘Carrom’ in “Ground Zero” sports tournament.
5. Team Members:
- Prof. Archana Tatkar
- Prof. Prashant Mamarde
- Ms Vijayata Bhatiya
- Ms Ujjawala Matale
- Ms. Ankita Belekar