Archive for year: 2018
The Annual Award Function of Smt. Hiraben Nanavati Institute of Management and research for Women was held on 17th April’18. These awards were given for academic excellence and other Co- curricular achievements of the MBA Students. The Chief Guest for the event was Dr. N. S. Umarani, Pro-Vice Chancellor, Savitribai Phule Pune University and the Guest of Honor for the event was Prof. N.D Patil , Vice-Chairman (MKSSS), LMC-Chairman (HNIMR) and Mrs. Sulakshana Sule , Regional Proposals Manager, Metito Overseas Ltd.
The Director of the institute Dr Jagdish Pol welcomed & felicitated the guests and briefed the audience about the activities and achievements of the Institute. Then Dr. N. S. Umarani , Prof. N. D. Patil and Mrs. Sulakshana Sule addressed the gathering.
The Annual Award Function witnessed the celebration of the awardees and their parents, the unending support of the teaching and non-teaching staff for it to become a success and the endless support and the guidance of Director , Dr. Jagadish Pol.
At the end Ms. Swarada Karve , President of the SCC 2018-19 proposed the vote of thanks. The event was coordinated by Prof. Pranita Sonar & Dr. Arpita Singh under the able guidance of the Director Dr. Jagdish Pol.
On 10th March, 2018 Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha’s Smt. Hiraben Nanavati Institute of Management and Research celebrated “Anubandh 2018”. It was an Alumnae meet organized by the institute. More than 100 alumnae from 1998-2016 batches were present for this event.
On this occasion, all the alumnae visited Maharshi Karve Museum, Maharshi Karve and Baya Karve’s samadhi, Zhopadi etc. Information regarding various departments within HNIMR was presented through exhibition stalls. Cultural programs were also arranged by current students of the institutes. Few alumnae participated in the event through video conferencing.
Games like “Chai pe Charcha” and various fun activities were organized for entertainment. These activities were enjoyed a lot by alumnae as their nostalgic college memories were revived again.
Dignitaries like personnel officer of MKSSS, Mr. Girish Huddar sir and public relation Officer MKSSS Mr. Pradeep Waje Sir, also graced their presence for event. They gave information about various schemes under the MKSSS.
The whole event was organized under guidance of director of the institute, Dr. Jagdish Pol Sir. Faculty in charge Prof. Suvarna Dhamdhere and Prof. Pranita Sonar also contributed their skills and efforts under his guidance to make this event successful.
On 7th Mar’18 MBA Jr. Students visited RSB Transmissions (I) Ltd. 44 MBA Jr. Students and 2 faculty members, Ms. Geeta Jadhav & Ms. Priyanka Poddar visited the company.
Mr. Kalpesh Girame (Manager – HR) and Mr. Dinesh Bandal (TQM – Manager) oriented the students on following points:
- About RSB Transmissions (I) Ltd. .
- Along with the Plant visit the corporates briefed the students about the products and the operations at the shop floor.
- The Compensation & benefits policies of the organization were shared.
- The operational synopses of HR, Finance & Operations were also discussed by the corporates.
- Employee engagement activities.
- The corporates also gave an inview to the students regarding the various opportunities and openings they can have in the sector.
This visit gave an opportunity to students to visualize the operation of Manufacturing Company.
On 6th Mar’18 MBA Jr. Students visited Wilo Mather Platt Pumps Pvt Ltd. to get a practical exposure through Industrial Trek. It was indeed an informative visit. 34 MBA Jr. Students and 2 faculty members, Dr. Jyoti Gaikwad and Ms. Archana Tatkar were present for the Industrial visit.
Mr. Ashish Patil (Sr.Manager – HR) oriented the students on following points:
- About Wilo Mather Platt Pumps Pvt Ltd.
- The calibrated strategic operational measures taken up by the company.
- Company specially deals with the customized product manufacturing.
- Employee welfare policies.
- Employee engagement activates.
- Employee relations, Grievance Procedures and challenges faced by HR in the Organizations.
This visit gave an opportunity to students to visualize the operation of a Manufacturing Company.
On 15th March’18 MBA Jr. Students visited FIAT India Automobiles Ltd ( Ranjangaon ,Pune).
41 MBA Jr. Students and 2 Faculty Members, Dr. Arpita Singh & Ms. Pranita Sonar visited the Company.
Mr. Pankaj Pradeep – GM (HR) and Mr. Prashant Das- Manager (Finance) along with Mr. Nilesh Mane – Assistant Manager (HR/IR) oriented the students on following points:
- About the FIAT India Automobiles Ltd.
- Regarding the Acquisition of Chrysler by FIAT.
- Strategic orientations of dealing with the Cultural Changeover due to the Acquisition.
- The HR & Finance perspectives of FIAT.
- WCM Characteristics of FIAT, which fetch them the silver award.
- They shared the input of increase in the Female ratio among the staff members as a part of their Management decision
The Chief Guest for the event were Mr. Dharmendra Rai, Mumbai’s first MIND MAP trainer. Sir has conducted 318 MIND MAP Seminars which is probably a world record. Sir is probably the most endorsed trainer in the world on LinkedIn. Dharmendra Rai Sirs videos on TED x channel has more than 2 BILLOION views. Sir was the first person in the world to talk on TED x on creativity and Mind Mapping and Invisible Selling. Sir is ranked as the most recognized trainer in India in India twice in a row, in 2015 and 2016 by optris.
The main objective of the event was to bring a reputed trainer on board so that the students could interact with the trainer and gain insights on the topic “Invisible Selling”. This session was very interactive which helped the students in developing a more positive personality and increase their confidence level to face the challenges of the corporate world.
The event was coordinated by Librarian, Manjushree K Nawale with the help of students under the guidance of Director, Dr. Jagdish N Pol.
HNIMR Library organized BOOK EXHIBITION on 20th and 21st Feb 2018. Inauguration of the exhibition was done at the hands of the Director of the Institute Dr. Jagdish Pol.
The subject of display were mainly management and allied subjects like general management, personality development, biographies, company profiles, aptitude tests , etc. Renowned publishers in management and allied areas from the Publishing Industry like Wiley Publications, Tata McGraw Hill, Pearson Education, Sage Publications, Oxford Publications, Vikas Publications, Cengage Learning, Himalaya Publications, etc. were invited to present their leading titles and fresh editions of books related to management.
The vast array of new and forthcoming books on display and, most important of all, the chance to see the publishing world in action was the highlight of this Book Exhibition. Faculties and students could browse different titles related to their subjects in management and the same were recommended for Library Purchase. Books were selected for Library Purchase considering the content which students and faculty need for academic purpose of different specializations.
This two day Book Exhibition was coordinated by Librarian, Mrs. Manjushree Nawale and library staff under the guidance of Director, Dr. Jagdish Pol.
News & Events
- Congratulations to Ms. Neha Pilankar (Finance Specialization) for getting placed in CRISIL as InternAugust 16, 2018 - 9:48 am
- Congratulations to Ms. Madhura Phadtare Finance Specialization for getting placed in CRISIL as Project Analyst.August 16, 2018 - 9:41 am
- Congratulations to Ms. Anuja Inamdar Finance Specialization for getting placed in CRISIL as Project Analyst .August 16, 2018 - 9:37 am
Latest @ HNIMR
Smt. Hiraben Nanavati Institute of Management & Research for Women (HNIMR)
Near Cummins Engineering College,
Karve Nagar, Pune 411052